Re: [Chrysler300] Fwd: Bring a Trailer Daily Mail - 55 C-300 up for auct

Re: [Chrysler300] Fwd: Bring a Trailer Daily Mail - 55 C-300 up for auction

Maybe a bit more light on the subject using my Imperial as an example, with some pics.
My 55 Imperial C5510042 (see image) has engine stamp CE5510018 (see image).  Both have been authenticated by FCA as correct, (see image).
The VIN plate has not been over painted.  The fastening shows differently.  Different typography and kerning of the type is different. Depth of the VIN plate and stamping methods are different.
I have been advised that the engines were built up to a month before they went in the cars and so again advised that the engine number stamping is a number lower than the VIN plate for the car.
That’s how mine lines up.
I would concur that the VIN plate in question (see image) looks like a do-over.
If this helps, great.
Mark.