Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Big Daddy Don Garlits 30th year Moparty

Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Big Daddy Don Garlits 30th year Moparty

He is using a 1962 small block 727.  He changed the tail shaft from a 1961 big block 727 to retain the emergency brake.  Also mentioned that the converter needed a small shim for better engagement in the tranny.  Fabricated motor mounts, it was dark down there, but it looked like he retained the 5.7 mount insulators.  I don't believe there were any frame modifications, possibly cross member mods.  It was a sanitary looking installation.  Looked like he used March brackets for the alternator and accessories.  I have a 2004 truck 5.7, I believe he also used a truck engine, but it was difficult to tell, the engine is carbureted or at least has TBI.  He was surrounded by people so we had our conversation piecemeal.

Bill Huff