[Chrysler300] Big Daddy Don Garlits 30th year Moparty

[Chrysler300] Big Daddy Don Garlits 30th year Moparty

Drove over and spent a few hours at the show this past weekend.

Listened to Herb McCandless for about an hour, then spent some time
with him discussing swapping my 5.7 Hemi into either my '58 Desoto or
my 300D.  He had a pristine 300 G with a 5.7 he had swapped in, car
has made 2 Power Tours.  He gave me his card and said to call  him
when I get started, he wants to help.

Also spent an hour listening to Big Daddy, 85 years old, looks 10
years younger and still wrenching every day.  Mopar Muscle asked him
to participate in testing the Hellscat with 1000 HP.  A couple of the
journalists figured they would come out on top.  He skunked them all,
still a force to be reckoned with.

As I started through the car field, the heavens opened up, it was
late, venders closed up shop and the wife had had enough.  Lots of
nice cars, MANY new Chargers and Challengers.  I have some pics
before it got too wet, when I figure out where to post them on line I'll share.

  Bill Huff

---

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional