Re: [Chrysler300] Re: 440 Engines and Cross Rams

I like that ! Vacuum connection between two sides causes an impact one on other. Most euro cars these were made for and 4 cyl Japanese bikes I believe do not have a large volume vacuum plenum common to all carbs ? Could set idle air valve perfectly that way .

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Nov 2017, at 6:24 am, Charlie V cv300g@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you had two of these could you put one on each carb and then adjust them accordingly ?

Charlie V.

From: "Ray Jones 1970hurst@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: David Schwandt <finsruskw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; timothytomlinson <timothytomlinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Larry Jett <LarryWJett@xxxxxxxxx>; Chrysler 300 List <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Ray Jones <1970hurst@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2017 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Re: 440 Engines and Cross Rams

Mine is for 2 bbl carbs. I made an adapter for 4bbl. carbs, still works
same way.
Looked on ebay and there are many, near 80 listed.
Most the same, I have model A, not sure what the ones with the pipes are
for, maybe for measuring vacuum ports.
I didn't mention, works on side draft carbs as well.

Looking at the photos, what happens is you set it on top of the carb with
engine running. adjust the thingy in the middle more open or closed until
the red ball is floating in the calibrated tube.
Then take off the carb and put on the other and see where the ball floats.
That tells you how much or less air is flowing into the engine.
Idea being, you adjust carbs until the ball floats in the same place on
each carb.
Once done, both are flowing the same and running smooth, hopefully.

I used it originally on Volvo Penta Marine engines. They usually had 3
deuces, and i did it while they were sitting dockside. Then a run down the
river to the Chesapeake Bay.
Once right, engine screaming, up on plane, and a beer in hand... Such fun.
Later, hundreds of Dual carb VW engines, when I had my business.
Also, tuning my 348 tri-power and my 409/425hp Chebbies. Crap, wish I had
them today...
Worse part is, that was all in the first 1/2 of my life. I thought it would
take much longer to get old!

Ray
Ray

Ray

--
*Ray Jones. Y'all come on down an see us. Ya hear?*

Posted by: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>