[Chrysler300] 1964 FLOATING POWER

  Hey all,
Diane and I cleaned up the K for a short road trip, 1hr and 20 minutes down to Fredericksburg to a local car show.
It was their annual festival, 4th and all, with Boy Scouts, kids on bikes and such.

Without AC, we knew it was going to be a warm, return trip back to garage.  It was indeed.  The heat came from around the under side of dash, and up thru the floor. Traffic was fair, and vent windows, all windows down.

This big Brute seemed to float down the highway, a little side to side, but mostly moving steering wheel, a finger flick now and then to compensate.
I had the front end aligned several years back, with low mileage since then.
So it is up on the stands, and I moved tires up and down without hearing clunks. Moved tires back and forth while looking at linkage.

I  do  have some give when the drivers tire is moved bottom to top, hand on bottom , hand on top, move it in and out. no noise, but not as sound as it's other side.
I do not have the time to check and see if it could be a wheel bearing issue. Seems like 1/8" play. All components have been maintained thru the years.

I will try to get it on a lift, so it can be checked and visualized.   I have not adjusted the steering box at all. It does wander more than I remember, but it can be controlled easily by rocking the wheel a little here and there.

We pushed up to 75, and 80 before some one objected to that speed.
Heck, all the MODEREN day cars were flying by at a faster rate.
Still on stands.
Dave in VA.

Posted by: Dave Dumais <dave.dumais@xxxxxxxxx>