RE: [Chrysler300] 64K remote power brake booster

RE: [Chrysler300] 64K remote power brake booster

Tom:

I had the remote booster on our ’64 300K (ram) conv. rebuilt from a rusty-crusty, out-of-service condition by Power Brake Exchange.  They did a great job—even including machining a replacement piston.  It works fine.  They also rebuilt the P/B booster on our ’55 C-300.  I have no idea where they find the obsolete parts but they git-er-dun.  These remote boosters are not uncommon on heavy trucks so some critical parts may be interchangeable and available.

Just a reminder:  The firewall-mounted non-boosted master cylinder must have its outlet “check valve” removed on ram-engined cars with the remote booster.  Otherwise, it is the same MC as a non-power brake car.  The mounting plate on the firewall is different for boosted and non-boosted MC’s.

PBE currently has the steering box from a ’64 at their Bell Gardens (LA area) shop.  I expect another satisfactory job on this rusty-crusty core I borrowed to expedite R&R on our 300K which has a lot of slop in the (tilt) steering wheel.

Michael Weller, General Manager

Power Brake Exchange

260 Phelan Ave.

San Jose, CA 95112