RE: [Chrysler300] 1961 300 G

It's not just you Jean, I think it is the same guy.  I also spoke with John Hertog about this person 12 years ago, and I have gotten at least one call from an interested party looking at a "300G" with a NY'er VIN.  The story I heard is that he got into legal trouble for what he was doing because of tampering with VIN plates and misrepresentation of restored cars, even some conversions of coupes to converts.  Caveat Emptor.

Bob

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jean-Yves Chouinard jymopar@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:52 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; John Holst <jholst@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1961 300 G

Is it just me or the name Dave Glassel rings a bell as someone who was mentioned before on this list server (many years ago by John Hertog).  Glassel made a specialty of cutting up  2 door cars( NY's , Saratoga's etc...) and switched VIN tags transforming or "cloning" them into converts??... he would then  re sell them as real factory converts???

I'm not saying it's the case with this car, but having the VIN would make checking that easy... buyer beware?

Jean-Yves Chouinard.