[Chrysler300] STILL HAVE MELISSA & KEEPING HET!!!

[Chrysler300] STILL HAVE MELISSA & KEEPING HET!!!

Hello to all in 300sville!!
First off, I would like to apologize for being offline since 1926!! (LOL)!
In the last couple of years I've went through divorce, had $5,000 worth of late 50-early 60s plastic promos & 1/25 scale expensive Danbury Mint replica cars stolen out of my garage, watched and lived with my mother who's dementia was getting worse and you guessed it, had a complacent attitude combined with apathy towards my 300G (Melisa) as it has endured problem after problem in conjunction with new extreme financial difficulties!!
Note: Melissa is now spelled with one 's' rather than two (a long story-TMI).

ANYWAYS,  THINGS ARE NOW FINALLY LOOKING UP!!
And BTW, my mom is doing GREAT!! I talked to her on the phone today and I wouldnt even know she had a memory issue!!! Keep up the good work (Bressi Ranch of Carlsbad)!!

To FINALLY cut to the chase regarding my 'G',  I will back up in time a little to when I was fed up and I was going to sell Melisa. Now that's NOT the case!! I did once mention that the 3 to 1 kickdown problem was solved regarding my A466 cast iron Torque Flite. But I can't remember exactly how I worded it but I had thought that the engine needed to be rebuilt. No way as the engine is fine! It turns out that the carburetors were the culprit. I had paid $802 to have a local mechanic rebuild my carbs. I got the Carter AFB Model 2903-S kits from Jeff Carter up at JC Auto (thanks again Jeff) and this guy was not only arrogant when I went to pick her up, but I believe the accererator pumps went bad. However, low and behold, because the engine hot really excessively hot a few days ago (I'll get to that in a minute),  it must have cleaned out my carbs or did something to improve the accelerator pumps??
Because in my garage earlier today, I tried to start her over and over (like the last couple of years) but for the FIRST time since 1926 (LOL), when she finally fired up, the accelerations blasts were POW POW!!!!! And SMOOTH POW POWS to boot!!! No more coughing and sputtering!

 So to wrap up this 'book' I just wrote ya'll, I have one more 'scary but worked out in the end' story.
Yes as you read earlier my engine got excessively hot.
That day I'm cruising back to Escondido hear in So. Calif. on Hwy 78. All of a sudden Melisa starts to vibrate between 60 and 70 mph. I first think that a wheel weight (balancer) came off but the car is starting to go slower even though my foot is on the gas pedal. Well wouldn't you know, the RIGHT REAR BRAKE IS DRAGGING and I DON'T KNOW IT because I drive on the freeway for about 10 miles after that. After about8 miles she's really shaking and I pull her over to the center divide, get out, see major smoke' then BAM!!! Yes, the tire blew! I called Hagerty Road Service after running ACROSS Freeway 78 to use a tree down in the ditch (a lot of coffee & water earlier), still on the phone with Hagerty and now she's REALLY starting to smoke!! Thinking Melisa was going to catch on fire, I'm yelling to the girl on the phone 'call 911!!'
We'll the smoke started to subside, she cooled down, the towtruck came and all turned out okay.
Im summary: I guess it was a blessing in disguise because I believe because she was stressing, the engine got very hot, and because of that, my carbs are fine so Melissa may thrive better than ever!! I've ordered new wheel cylinders and new shoes. I know where to get a rear drum (gonna need it) from Kanter, Only $125!
Tw'll be interesting to see what's MELTED after I yank the drum off (HA HA)!!!!
Well, I'm back folks but now I need to hit the hay.
BYE FOR NOW!!!   😀😀😀

Sincerely and 300ly,
Brandt H J w/ a G.

<*> Your email settings: