[Chrysler300] Batteries dead -shifting to transmissions

[Chrysler300] Batteries dead -shifting to transmissions

I was hoping to get up to the Reno meet next weekend, but have run into some unexpected problems with the 300G.  It's been a while since its been out, and I found a problem with the starter on the weekend, got it to and back from the rebuilder and re-installed.. Take it out for a test drive, and the transmission occasionally acts up. It starts to flare (runaway) on up shift, seems to be  2-3 at this point  Got it on the lift and was reminded of a problem I thought I had "corrected" but I was wrong.  The kick down lever bushing in the case is badly worn and I can no longer keep the kick down lever properly adjusted.  My neutral safety switch also is acting up because the adjustment setting drifts from the worn bushing.  Otherwise the transmission is fine.  It was rebuilt about 6000 miles ago, but evidently this issue went unnoticed at the time and has gotten worse.  So, my question for those transmission experts out there ( I know you are Don V.) is, can this be fixed while it is in the car?  I would assume not.  If/when I do decide to pull the transmission, how difficult is it to replace the kick down bushing?  Does the transmission need to be fully disassembled or is it something maybe I could do?  I do not have any special transmission tools, but am very capable mechanically.

Bob J

Danville CA 300G with cast iron Torqueflite

Posted by: "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>