[Chrysler300] Alloy Wedge Cylinder Heads

[Chrysler300] Alloy Wedge Cylinder Heads

Hi Group,

I was wondering if anyone in the group runs aluminum cylinder heads on their 300 or similar (non hemi). I have a set of 440 Source heads that I plan to use in a future 440 build, but that will be several years in the future. In the mean time I was considering to use them on my 62 413. If anyone is or has used alloy heads, I have the following questions.

1) what was the difference performance, if any

2) did the installation have any effect on reducing detonation

3) did you notice any difference in fuel consumption

4) any difference in type of fuel used

5) any other observations

These heads spec out at 80cc's (closed chamber) and the stock heads spec out at 73.5cc's. Valve size is Intake 2.19 and exhaust 1.81.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks, Charlie in Ottawa

Dual Quad 62 Sport

Posted by: charlies@xxxxxxxxxxxx