Re: [Chrysler300] John Chesnutt is doing well

Re: [Chrysler300] John Chesnutt is doing well

Thanks, Rich, for your post, news and heartfelt words.

Greg

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 6, 2015, at 10:25 PM, "'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As our clubs are as much about the people as the cars, I’m glad to send this update on one of our favorite dual members-John Chesnutt.  John underwent successful, but problematic, surgery Monday for replacement of a leaking artificial heart valve.

I just got an update from Arlys and she reports John got out of the ICU yesterday and did some walking today.  I caught her in John’s room while he was eating some turkey and dressing and I thought that was a good indicator.  She expects they will soon move John to a rehab center to assist him in regaining his former Vim, Vigor and Vitality (© Dr. Pepper-circa 1910).

I was able to speak with John and he sounded pretty normal.  I told him about how so many of his friends were praying for and responding to him and he really appreciated that-as did Arlys.  They have a great support group on-site with family, friends and physicians and in cyberspace with all of us.  They are treating John gently to prevent pneumonia and for fluid retention so they are still taking it day-by-day.

Cards may be sent to the Chesnutts at:

John & Arlys Chesnutt

3750 SW DOSCH CT

PORTLAND OR 97221-4138

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA (75F today thru Monday-no rain in sight for this desert)

Posted by: Greg Leggatt <ggleggatt@xxxxxxxxx>