[Chrysler300] Calling all cars/Fire by wire

[Chrysler300] Calling all cars/Fire by wire

Even if you are suffering from mid-February cabin fever, find something else to do rather than calling that number.

Although you might get Tech Service for your 300 by dialing the number, www.whitepages.com says the number is invalid.

Another site says this:  The 841 area code is used to dial to the following locations:

Bangladesh - Chandpur
Germany - Bavaria - Ingolstadt

It was interesting to see that the VIN's for 1960-64 300's were the numeric equivalent of phone numbers.  That's pattern recognition--a very useful tool.

I have our '55 C-300 back after a long diagnostic session fraught with dead ends.  Many thanks to all that responded with suggestions.  Carbs, valves & distributor were all set to mfg. spec's; ignition components, including points, condenser, cap, rotor, coil and one plug wire were replaced; fuel pressure was good and still the engine would not rev above about 3,500 RPM without coughing and spitting.  The remaining problem was the wire between the coil and the distributor.  It was replaced and now runs better than it ever did in the 11 years I've had the car.  Heat, vibration, manipulation and age must have done a job on the little copper strands in the original wire.  Just out of warranty after 60 years.  My mechanic was not proud of missing this early on but all was not wasted as the car is sold and now running like the original striped-sterned ape.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA:	925-513-6583 (calls are filtered as this number is on a lot of telemarketing lists-e-mail me anytime)
1964 Chrysler300K:	844-314-9233 (Do not call!)

(844 is a toll-free area code, fraught with scam calls.  The area codes or prefixes 800, 844, 855, 866, 877 and 888 are used for toll free numbers in all the countries covered by the North American Numbering Plan. A toll free number is a telephone number people can call free of charge (the owner of the toll free number pays the calling charges).