Re: [Chrysler300] I know this WILL come up again sometime

Re: [Chrysler300] I know this WILL come up again sometime

I wonder what this writer's credentials are or how useful the article really is for those of us with older cars that usually do have some brass in the cooling systems, if they are original?  I would never use DexCool in my older cars.  He says DexCool has received a bum rap while most others say it deserves the rap.  So most other authors are wrong and he is right?  The coolant jugs I see in stores today say long life coolant, the green stuff anyway, should last 5 years, not 3 years, and I have had the green silicate based coolant in all of my cars that could be classified as "garage queens" longer than that with no ill effects.  While I appreciate the effort to inform, I really don't trust the information.

Steve Albu