From: John Holst jholst@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: chrysler300 <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, May 19, 2014 5:37 pm
Subject: [Chrysler300] Hubcap Emblem Question

Recently I passed along the center medallions for a 1964 300K hubcaps
(extras). Once they were in the mail I had a thought about the
orientation of the center plastic medallions on the cap itself. On
my own car the "300" is arranged so that when read left to right the
valve hole is on the bottom of the cap. All 4 were the same. I
checked the Google Images section for Chrysler hubcaps and found that
in 90% of the cases this was the same orientation - read left to
right and the valve hole on the bottom. So my question is this the
way they were installed at the factory by standard or just a quirk of
the mind set of the installer of the emblems on any given day. I know
that the caps on my car are still the original set and have not been
replaced, and wonder if this follows thru on the other years of the
Letter cars. I do not have knowledge of the other years, but wonder
if this ever came up in rigorous judging at a meet or show, or just
never before brought up because it is "EBS". Just curious.

John Holst Iowa 1964 300K...