[Chrysler300] ZDDP additive

Hello All,

The use of ZDDP was a common additive to the oils used when the
Chrysler 300 cars were built. Over the years it has been removed from
the oils currently in use unless you can find a speciality oil for
racing or some other special purpose. I found a very good article for
adding the ZDDP additive to your current oil to reduce wear in the
valve train and other metal to metal contact points. The discussion
in this article also explains why the "powers in control" removed the
Zinc from the oil used (primarily since it screwed up the Catalytic
Converters).

http://classiccars.about.com/od/maintenancetips/a/Zddp-Debunking-The-Urban-Legend-This-Motor-Oil-Additive.htm

I also have tried to locate the additive at the local parts stores
nearby, but without success. Most of the help were 20-30 years
younger than my car, and had never heard of it. Eastwood does sell
the stuff by the bottle, and has gone up in price to $10.00. I had
bought 4 bottles several years ago, and use it with each oil change
in both my 300K and "Big Block" Ram Charger (one heck of a snow plow
machine!). Worth the reading if just for background information.
Certainly cheaper than an overhaul in one of the "Brutes".

http://www.eastwood.com/zddp-oil-additive.html?srccode=ga200190&device=c&matchtype=e&network=g&creative=29103239220&gclid=conoyeihpb0cfdbcmgodmhsayw

John Holst, 300K In Iowa with winter supposed to show up again this weekend...

For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylangYahoo Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: