Re: [Chrysler300] Tires

The following was found in the recent copy of Hagerty Classic Car Magazine:

John Holst, 1964 K Iowa (just had it's 50th Birthday!)

Q: I have some original tires mounted on original wheels from a 1974 Pantera. The tires were made specifically for the car so I would like to keep them to use at car shows once or twice a year. How should I store them in the meantime? Inflated or deflated, standing upright or laying flat, UV protection, etc.

A: Don?t store them as if they were on the car; store them lying flat. Put something beneath and between them like heavy cardboard. You can keep them at normal air pressure, but check them before fitting them onto the car for the shows since tires lose air slowly. You can use Armor All on the tire sidewalls (both sides) to help keep the oxygen in the atmosphere from getting to them. But remember, any tires seven years or older are not safe to be used for driving, and can let down or blow out at any time. You're wise to treat them in this manner.