RE: [Chrysler300] Goodyear Blue Streak tire

RE: [Chrysler300] Goodyear Blue Streak tire

Right Paul,

Had 392 300D in 57 D500 dodge convert, Packard OD stick,  3:70’s , never lost to a 55-61 Chev until 425 409’s came out, and --honestly ,a particular 62 300hp 327 running right. The 300/327 were fast cars , he held C stock at Sanford Maine at about 13.2. must have had 4.50 gears. but they all got beat by a lightweight package 62 max wedge 3 spd one night., beige granny car 2dr sedan ----so all remained cool. One mopar, one pig ford ,  25 chevs every night, Route 2 in Boston/Cambridge  .  I did beat a brand new 61 or 62  Ventura 421 Pontiac coupe with triple carbs, 4 spd , best win ever. That poncho was a beautiful car, 8 bolt aluminum wheels,  the thin roof, Honduras maroon. Remember it like it was yesterday.

My friend had a fortune in a small block Chev, 283 out to 370” stroker, quads, in 2dr sedan 55 Chev , looked like a B gasser; he had Bukies on that worked great, but caused him to blow up 4:11/4:56 (?) Chev toy axles once a month , snapped them, bent them, stripped diff gears you name it. Blew up Chev 3spd’ s too. (they are a BAD design) No problems with mopar 8 3/4! But blew ~ 25   57-60 mopar pin syncro 3 spds before Packard switch, behind 392. They are junk. Pins break off on fast 1-2 shift,  fall into gear mesh, or in first gear , it just peeled all the teeth off cluster with 392; D500 was factory stick 325 Dodge hemi , blew up two of those 325’s before 392. 325 threw rods. 392 bulletproof! Took 3 Packards out before I learned how to build them right, then bliss. No more trans BS> ; Velvetouch metallic clutch disc, 3800 lb 11” B&B Dodge oil truck clutch.

Other fast car around Boston, 1960-61 was a 430” 394 olds with B&M hydrostick , J-2  3x2 in stock looking 50 olds coupe , faster than that 55 Chev! And faster than me. It would rise up in the air off the line and just go! 4;1 first had something to do with that , comes in a hydrostick. Chev was burn or bog half the time, lesson in too much cam. , MOPAR sat down nice but would break loose on one side sometimes, could not afford Bukies  ; forget 406 /427 fords..wheel hop.

I remember HRM 300H duplicate winning AS/A at about 12.5 in 62? Think it had short rams, do not remember details. Someone in club should research that car. Faster ET than the stick GM’s ; boy did I rub that in , first year of 727 . And Granatelli going 189 in twin Paxton 300F at Bonneville ...

Those were the days...19 yo !

John