Re: [Chrysler300] R7 Diamond Jubilee 300 Circus

And it did not have 300 hp?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

From: Ryan Hill <ryan_hillc300@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
To: Jim Maiani <jmaiani@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
Cc: Chrysler 300 Club <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] R7 Diamond Jubilee 300 Circus
Sent: Fri, Mar 14, 2014 4:41:54 PM

It didn't bother you that your 'letter' car had too many doors?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 14, 2014, at 7:00 AM, "Jim Maiani" <jmaiani@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The 300M was a great car (I owned one for 3 years, a ‘99).  But in my opinion, it lacks 2 things that don’t make it a true letter car.  #1, it’s not rear wheel drive.  #2 it does not have at least 300 hp.  I always thought that the true letter cars HAD to have BOTH of those features.

My biggest beef is when they released the 300 hemi C (was that 2004 or 2005?)  Why didn’t they name that the 300 N?  That car does has the 2 above features.  Was it the Germans at the time that were trying to destroy Chrysler’s history?

just my .02 worth.

Jim Maiani
Houghton Lake, MI

Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 4:12 PM

I've got to chime in here on Carl's statement:

6)  In the ninth generation section (‘99-‘04) there is no mention of the 300M Special (which actually was special in features and equipment).  Ninth and tenth generation sections seem incomplete.  As our club does not include these cars, should they be covered at all?

How can we NOT include mention of these cars in the write up?  I accept and recognize the fact that the Chrysler 300 Club International only recognizes letter cars built between 1955 and 1965, plus the 1970 300 Hurst for judging and support purposes, but to pretend the later 300s don't exist, does them, and our proud 300 heritage, a disservice in my view. The 300 Sport models are mentioned, why not the cars with a letter built after 1965?  Go ahead, bring on the flames, I'm wearing protective gear.

Bob J

with a 300G (no hyphen thank you) and a 2006 300C Heritage edition with a Hemi