To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:06:35 -0700
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Damper report

Larry,

Just following your emails on damper removal, and am curious as to the
feedback on a couple of questions you posed, since the answers were not
(evidently) posted on the server.

1. How did you end up removing the crankshaft nut without the crank
turning? I read that a small pneumatic air wrench would work, but question
just how small. 3/8" drive? 1/2 drive? I would think a 3/8" air wrench
would not have adequate torque to do the job, and a 1/2" might not fit
without removing the radiator.

2. What type of puller did you use to get the damper off? I've heard you
can use a steering wheel puller but never tried it.

2. According to the service manual, you need to re-torque the crankshaft
bolt to 135 ft/lbs. How do you plan on holding the crank from moving when
you re-torque the nut? Any clever suggestions come forward on that?

Enquiring minds want to know, I may need to do the same thing.

Bob J