The master power window switch bank on my H led to me drinking black coffee instead of sugary coffee.

When I spilled coffee into the switch, usually caused by hard braking on the freeway driving to work with coffee on the console, sugary coffee killed the switches while black coffee did not.
Mike Moore

On Jan 19, 2013, at 10:25 AM, retromobilia@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Actually the #1 problem I have encountered with the window switches (especially the large block in the driver door) is that when someone pushes in too hard on the switch it actually can come apart slightly inside causing one or more windows not to work on this bank. A symptom of this is that the faulty button will seem loose compared to the others. The bank of switches is held together by straps of copper and can be very flexible. Removal of the bank can be very hard to keep it together as the four switches are very flexible. Once apart you can easily reinforce the group and push the switches firmly together. Putting it back in the door is very challenging. Usually the bank wants to flex while inserting into the panel. There is a molex connector with a 3 inch tail connecting to the harness; so the switch can be taken to a bench for work.

From: "Don Warnaar" 300country@xxxxxxx>
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Larry Jabin" larry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:50:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300D Power Window Switches

Larry,

You might try a thin coating of dielectric grease. It has worked wonders on digital clock radios I have. The contacts on the selector buttons would oxidize after a very short time over and over. Had to take them apart and clean the contacts each time. Finally tried the dielectric grease on the contacts and they have worked well for quite some time. Of course, clean the contacts before applying the grease.

Don Warnaar

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: