Re: [Chrysler300] Speaking Of Hood Pads.....

Re: [Chrysler300] Speaking Of Hood Pads.....

Hi Mike, and Group -

The F hood pad is glued on - Mine had started detaching and I used the 3M weatherstrip cement - Now whether that's the suggested adhesive or not, I can't confirm. I looked back at my photos of Gil's blue F convertible from our St Charles and Chattanooga Meets, and Dave Clelland's black F convertible from our Carmel Meet, and neither of those fully restored cars have the fasteners that John N mentioned earlier in his email re the Gs.  So possibly Chrysler had a problem keeping the pads glued on also, and went the fastener route in '61. I also looked at photos of Frank Troost's restored [now] terra cotta F coupe, here locally, with no hood pad, and no provision for such fasteners is visible.

I also stopped by the nearby Muscle Car and Vette Show at Rosemont near O'Hare Airport this past Saturday and visited with our Club Member Jim Maiani from upstate Michigan who had his beautiful Survivor - including all original paint, chrome, interior - red H coupe at the show, in the feature "Cars of '62" exhibit (50-yr anniversary). Displayed between '62 Galaxie and '62 Impala coupes, the H really sparkled!

The 2nd of the two Chryslers at the show was a beautiful restored Hurst 300 - window sign said owned by Steve Southwell of Illinois. I didn't get a chance to meet Steve.

Noel Hastalis

foggy Burr Ridge, IL