Re: [Chrysler300] Carbs ?s for 1958 Chrysler 300D

On 11/5/2012 12:59 PM, George McKovich wrote:
> Larry There was a fix issued in July 57 but I thought the 58's would
> have had that already done. I can send you a copy of it this
> evening.

> George

> On Nov 5, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Larry Jabin <larry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> When taking off from a stop light at an intersection where I have
>> to make a left turn

>> If I take off quickly the car stumbles so I guess the fuel is
>> moving in the bowl to the right side of the carb

>> I thought I read somewhere on the list server for a fix for this,
>> but can't seem to find it

>> Has anybody else experienced this & know of a fix?

>> Thanks

>> Larry Jabin

SO I'm sitting here, with a reminder of a past transaction still around
to haunt me.

What Numbers are these metering rods?

I happen to have an Original Carter Strip Kit for WCFB carbies. Sadly,
all the applications it cattyloged on its cardboard panels ended up
being Gm carb applications so its never really been messed with.

It also includes several charts with part nums and specifications for
the metering rods, what I dont see is the same level of info for the
jets listed on the charts. it does seem to have that level of info for
the needles and seats.

I can scan and share those charts if anyone wants a copy

At this time all (ALL) my previous archived club mailing list messages
are awkward to recover, so for the near future I am less informed then I
once was.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy