Re: [Chrysler300] Sandy Situation

On 11/3/2012 9:29 AM, Don Warnaar wrote:
> I am located in Garfield, NJ, which is about 15 miles from New York City.  The Passaic River and Saddle River are very close to where I live.
>
> We are very fortunate that we were without power for only 29 1/2 hours beginning Monday night about 10:30.  Many in surrounding towns still have no power and one person was told it might be 7-10 days for it to be restored.  Schools have been closed all week with no heat or lights.
>
> Oddly enough we have no flooding in areas where it is common, being so near to the rivers.  We did not have all that much rain, just a lot of wind.  I have a few slates missing from the roof, but that is about all.  Am limiting driving to a minimum because gasoline is very hard to come by.  People have been waiting on line for hours, some finding that the station has run out of fuel by the time they get to the pumps.  Many stations are closed because of no power.  Gas is in the tanks, but they can't pump it.  Others don't get deliveries because the terminals (without power) can't load the trucks.  Reports are that some tanker trucks are riding to Southern New Jersey to get filled and driving back to this area.  As of Noon today, we are on an odd/even system for cars to get gas (harkens back to the 70's).  License plates ending in odd numbers on odd number calendar days and even on even days, just to avoid the congestion.  Courtesy plates with no numbers are considered "odd".  I ha
d the good sense to fill up both modern cars before the storm hit.  Now just have to conserve it with no unnecessary trips.

> I'm in walking distance to a Walmart, so essentials can be bought.  I really have a very good situation.  Many in surrounding areas are really hurting.
>
> To add to the list of 300 members, Bill Codner in Fairfield, NJ has no damage but has no power.  Jerry Kocur in MA has power and no damage.
>
> Don Warnaar

Sadly, there are reports that the local IBEW in New Jersey is turning
away electrical help if they are not Union members
Reports are that several different crews that showed up were either
asked to join the IBEW or leave!

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy