 From: Rich Barber-Desktop <c300@xxxxxxx>
To: charlies@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:21 PM
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Wire Wheels

And here’s a You-Tube demonstrating the process using a Mother’s Powercone http://motherspowercone.com/ Like Meguiar’s Powerball  they are pretty pricey for what you get.   And, I have not seen replacement cones or balls.  A custom built foam head would probably be the answer and would come with a sackfull of foam heads of different shapes and sizes that would easily clamp to a spindle.  Running a 110V drill around the water would not be a great idea.  The cordless drill gets a little heavy after one wheel, but that’s OK—my creaky old back can usually only handle one wheel before it needs a “break”.  Elbow grease is still required.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA

1955 Chrysler C-300 with five Motor Wheel and Rim wire-spoke wheels—factory option, but not on my car originally.  PIA to clean, but worth it for the appearance!