Re: [Chrysler300] shifters

Let me help get this sort of back on topic, perhaps warm the hearts of you Chrysler fans a little bit, and hopefully put it to rest. The following quote is from the trade publication publication Automotive News on April 16th:

"Chrysler's re-engineered Ram 1500 pickup held a
hidden nugget for automotive history buffs when it debuted this month at the New York auto show: a resurrected transmission name that dates back to 1956 and a novel way for a pickup driver to shift gears.
The
2013 Ram 1500's eight-speed automatic transmission is named the
TorqueFlite 8, after the push-button transmissions introduced by
Chrysler in the mid-1950s.
The pickup has a rotary dial to the
right of the steering wheel for the P-R-N-D functions of the automatic
transmission. There also are button controls for manually selecting
gears 1-8 of "Drive" for those who don't want gear selection to be done
automatically.
Chrysler introduced the TorqueFlite name in 1956
when it appeared on the Chrysler Imperial sedan. The push buttons
mounted on the instrument panel were dropped in 1965 in favor of a
column shifter, and the name was last used by Chrysler in 1993."

*ends*

And before you point out the 1965 date as being wrong, Dodge trucks still had pushbuttons in 1964 and the article is about trucks. Also, the Imperial was probably no longer the Chrysler Imperial in 1956. Let it go.

Send me 300 Hurst stories for the Club News.

That is all.

Andy Mikonis