  From: Keith Boonstra<mailto:kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: Anthony Rinaldi<mailto:awrdoc@xxxxxxxxx>
  Cc: mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx<mailto:mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx> ; Chrysler 300 Club<mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 11:20 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] We're just fuming!

  Well, isn't that interesting!  I went and checked out the trunk seal
  just now by closing the lid with a $1 bill inserted into the seal area,
  and I found a gap between the lid and gasket around something like 50
  percent of the whole perimeter.  Heck, some of the gap was so big that I
  was even able to slide a $20 bill in there.

  I adjusted the latch about 3/16" and now just about the whole perimeter
  has no gap anymore - probably only about a foot or two of it remains
  open.  So I think that lowering the passenger side front corner 1/16"
  and installing a brand new gasket ought to put to bed both the water
  leak and the fume problems with one easy solution.

  Thanks for helping me think this one through guys.  You got me looking
  the right place for the problem source.

  Keith Boonstra

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional