
Re: [Chrysler300] Carburetor Problems
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Chrysler300] Carburetor Problems
- From: Michael Moore <mmoore8425@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:34:35 -0800
James, when I had this problem on a different car, I removed the plugs and turned the engine over to get the gasoline out of the cylinders.
In my case, I had lots of gasoline in the cylinders, in fact my crankcase was full of gasoline mixed with oil!
After I spun the engine around, I drained the crankcase oil gasoline mix into a washtub. I installed fresh oil, new filter, installed the plugs (good time to change them) and that was all.
Mike Moore
300H
On Dec 15, 2011, at 7:40 AM, James Rhoades wrote:
>
>
> Hi Group,
> I had gas spilling out of the carburetor into the intake manifold and into the oil pan. I found one of the floats half full of gas holding the needle open on the seat. I know I have to change the oil and filter my question is I wonder if anyone has had this problem and could guide me in the procedure of how I get gas and contaminated fuel out of the cylinders, and heads?
> Thanks to everyone and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years.
> Jim Rhoades, Pueblo Co.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
------------------------------------
To send a message to this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or
go to http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Chrysler300/join and select the "Leave Group" button
For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylangYahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chrysler300/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chrysler300/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
Chrysler300-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chrysler300-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network
Archive Sitemap