  From: MITCHELLEINSAUK@xxxxxxx
  To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 7:12 AM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] Gear Shift Control Cable for 300L Required

  Hi there everyone in Three Hundred Land.

  Last week, the gearshift control cable on my 1965 300L snapped, just short
  of the console mounted shift selector on my Torquelite equipped car. I
  understand that these shift control cables are fairly rare, as most C-bodies in
  the mid-sixties would have had a column selector, although I believe a
  centre console mounted selector was an option for standard 300s and Dodge and
  Plymouth 2-door hardtops, when separate front seats were ordered. Could
  anybody help out with either a NOS or good used example so that I can get my
  car back on the road and enjoy what's left of our summer? If nothing is
  available, does any member have experience of having one made up specially by a
  business that makes cables for automotive use? Failing this, an original
  part number would be useful as I trawl lists of spares held by Chrysler
  parts vendors.

  Thanking you i advance for any help you might be able to provide.

  Kind Regards,
  Geoff Mitchell

  Penshurst House,
  163 Fleet Road, Farnborough,