From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ronald Kurtz
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 3:36 PM
To: Jonny Mattsson
Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Spark Plugs

Hi, Jonny:

Can you be more specific about the year and application of your 413?

According to my files, A42 is equivalent to a Champion J12Y (the lower the
Champion number the cooler the plug, it's ability to transfer heat resulting

from combustion to the cylinder head quicker than a "hotter" plug. Cooler
plugs
are used in high performance engines.)

Champion specs for a 413 list a RJ14Y for standard applications and a RJ11Y
for
high performance applications. A J10Y or A32 is recommended for a 1959 300E.

For your info:

R = Resistor plug
J = First prefix letter for thread size - thread reach (3/8 inch) and hex
size
( 13/16 inch)
14 = Heat Range
Y = Gap style - protruding nose

Since R,J and Y are given for a 413, the heat range is determined by
application. If you run your 300 frequently at high speeds, a cooler plug is

recommended. If you drive the car occasionally, I would suggest a hotter
plug.

Please advise the year, car and carburation: 1 or 2 4-barrel carburators.
Maybe
we can zero in on the right heat range for you.

Other, more experienced club members may have additional or better
information.

Best regards,
Ron Kurtz
E# 292