[Chrysler300] Chrysler C300 chokes

Our 1955 Chrysler C-300 has manual chokes on the Carters.  They look pretty
professional with adjustments & springs.  But the letters "C" on the knobs
are upside down.  Anyone else ever seen manual chokes on a '55-'58 300 hemi
engine?  The hot air source for automatic choke heat on the RHS exhaust
manifold is plugged with a SS or aluminum plug.  The car spent its working
life around Colorado Springs, so perhaps the original owner thought manual
chokes might help eliminate hard starting problems.

I would like to return the choke system to standard automatic and would
appreciate receiving a detailed description of the plumbing and parts on
factory cars.  Especially, tips on source for the insulation wrapping and
choke coils & covers.

As previously noted, I added an electric fuel pump to prime the carbs with
if needed and the hard starting problem has vanished.  At about 84,000
miles, it usually starts on the first revolution.

C-300'ly,

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA (31 degrees last night, foggy this AM, sunny now with high
projected in the mid-50's-maybe "55"?)

Looking Forwardly to seeing you at LSMFT!