[Chrysler300] vinyl roof protection?

snip

> I have 4 cars now that have vinyl roofs (yes all are NOT 300s, but hey
> there were one or two nice US perf/luxo cars after 300s went off their
> original course later on??!) , 3 which roofs are now new ( I found a real
> good cheap US supplier, who can supply most factory orig grainings, if
> anyone needs a supplier), and so if this stuff is what those in US
> know/trust, I will use it and stick with it for all vinyl roofs/dashtops,
> 300s interior plastic, etc, where sun will destroy.
>> Doing up an old car to keep is bad enough, but to lose it all over time to
> sun again, is not real clever if a simple spray once a year of so will
> protect?!

We had a 90 Lebaron GT convertible for over 12 years and 185,000 miles
and 2 tops.  The original factory top was replaced because the stitching
came undone in a few too many places.

It was parked outdoors in a wooded environment during that time.  We
found that cleaning it with the inexpensive 'Comet' type of cleaning
powder did a very nice job of keeping it white.  A good soaking before
sprinkling it with the cleaner and applying the sponge kept both tops
nicely whitely.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy