FW: [Chrysler300] oil

From: Bob Jasinski [mailto:rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2010 10:29 AM
To: 'Arthur Lombardi'
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] oil

Synthetic oils don't make much sense, in my opinion to use in our cars.  I
find that I need to change the oil in my G often because it gets dirty, and
may only have 1,000 to 2,000 miles on it.  Most of our cars don't get driven
much, and the high cost of synthetics is wasted as far as I'm concerned.
Redline makes a good additive for breaking in new engines and adding to the
oil of any flat tappet motor.  The other consideration is to use a good
multi viscosity oil made for diesel engines, which still has the additives
in the oil.  Chevron Delo comes to mind.

As far as the transmission goes, stick with Type F transmission fluid as
George Riehl has recommended for years.  Hopefully that will be around for a
while.

Bob J