[Chrysler300] Light relay kits.

Lauren

The relays carry the large current load of the lights from a direct 12V
source which removes that load from the light switch and dimmer switch.
Each switch is relegated to the low current task of energizing the
appropriate relay as needed.

The installation is a matter of locating the high and low beam wires in
the wiring harness, cutting those wires, and attaching the ends from the
switches to the coils of the relays.  The other portion of the cut wires
are attached to the 12V output of the relays.  I performed most of the
modifications on my G under the battery tray to keep them from view and
attached the relays to the radiator bulkhead on the battery side.  There
are usable holes for mounting already there.  Auto resetting Circuit
breakers are included to protect the car from any unforeseeable shorts in
the 12V circuits.

A relay kit is important for high beam because four filaments are used
which draw alot of current.  The low beam is not as critical because only
two filaments are used.  Most buyers have used two kits because they are
cheap insurance to avoid destroying the light switch.  Any modification
to more powerful lights, in my mind, makes the addition of relays
mandatory.  All current car manufactures use relays for lighting and many
other systems and have for many years.  One of my cars which I bought new
has relays and it is 37 years old.

Marshall

_____________

Your light relay kit.   How does it work?   Have relays.  Is it best to
do the 4 headlights?
Use the 2 kits?   Is it a plug in set up, or do you have to do a lot of
rewiring.
I completely rewired the car.    Got the Kit from a  300 Club member in
Canada.

Lauren R Lampi
Grand Rapids, MN

<*> Your email settings: