RE: [Chrysler300] Chad Caldwell's 300D Convertible by Danbury Mint!

RE: [Chrysler300] Chad Caldwell's 300D Convertible by Danbury Mint!

Rob:

Do you know anyone that can create a digital image of that one-off D rag?
If so, please do so and send me a copy of the file.  Copyrighted is OK with
me.

I?ve been collecting models of the 1955 C-300 in various scales, including:

1:64  (O-27 scale) Playing Mantis-China, pot metal-Hood opens showing Delta
Wing, interior is there with dash & steering wheel.  Wire spoke wheels and
wide wsw?s.  3-1/16? long

1:48  (O scale in US) No brand name-Made in China, Daimler-Chrysler
copyright, tiny ?Chrysler? and ?300? lettering, hood & trunk medallions?red
and white bench seats, wire spoke wheels, decent dash, all black tires-a red
CONVERTIBLE with the top down!  Doors, hood & trunk don?t open.  4 ½? long.
Even more controversial than your mixing of C & D parts.  Add on chrome
bumpers, grilles, headlight bezels.  Painted taillights & outside RVM.  Sold
as accessory for model train sets.

1:43  (O scale in UK) Bricklin from England, heavy pot metal-mine is a
reasonable Tango Red?I?ve seen white & black, also. Black tailpipes with
black oval tip extensions.  Nothing opens.  Rather crude with trim &
lettering all painted body color.  Add-on bumpers, grilles & taillights.
Wire spoke wheels with proper caps and wide WSW?s.  Has a/c vents?must be
one of the original 12.  5-1/8? long.

1:25  I have the remnants of a beige resin model that got totaled in a
desktop clutter accident.  Solid body shell-no window cutouts with fair
detail.  8.5? long.

1:24  MotorMax-China.  Heavy die cast.  I have a white one and a black one.
Also available in red, I believe.  A little on the crude side, but doors,
hood and trunk open.  Fair detail under hood, pretty nice interior with
?56-type push-button transmission selector, p/w, decent dash & door trim,
empty beige trunk, hood & trunk medallions, inside RVM, only.  Inaccurate
stamped steel chrome rims with wide WSW?s.  Indicated rear-seat speaker &
nice shiny sill plate covers.  Add-on bumpers, grilles, antenna &
taillights.  Painted side spears, window trim, front and side lettering &
door handles.  Silver exhaust system with muffler, resonator and oval
exhaust tips on both sides.  Minimal detail underneath.  Front wheels steer.
California license number 200SRE D.  NOT 300PRE B.  9? long.

1/18  MotorMax.-Heavy die cast?a scaled-up version of the 1/24 scale model
above.  Mine is a nice orangey Tango Red.  Chrome wires & caps, trim,
bumpers, door handles, headlight bezels & medallions.  Painted letters &
numbers.  Proper dagger-in-the-dash shift selector, p/w, p/s, simulated
carpet, gray trunk has a dummy spare, good detail under hood with a 12-Volt
battery.  Same license number as above and same double muffler on each side.
Good exhaust detail, including oval outlets  Not a perfect model, but not
bad. 12? long.

I also have a 1:18 scale Cloud White 1956 B by Maisto.  It appears some of
the elements of this car showed up on the later-issue Motor Max C-300?which
is OK, except for the 12-Volt battery, some painted trim around windows as
compared to the MotorMax model?s chrome.  CA HISTORICAL VEHICLE 3620 license
plate.

But, the nicest model of all is the Signature 1:18 ?55 Nugget Gold Poly over
Canyon Tan Imperial coupe.  It has the best detail, fit & and finish of all
my models.  Accurate wheel covers and wide WSW?s, too shiny chrome exhaust
system with one long muffler on each side?tailpipes routed to rear bumper
outlets.  Good underside and interior detail, including the a/c switch
discussed yesterday.  Concours d?Elegance of Eastern US rear license plate.
It would be great if Signature would take this model and start making a
real, nice C300 in the proper shades of Platinum, Black and Tango Red.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA