From: Bob Jasinski
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 1:15 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Problems with transmission shift cable replacement on 300G

This past weekend I replaced the transmission shift cable on my 300G with a
replacement cable purchased from Imperial Services back in 2005. The sole
reason for replacement was leakage in the original cable sheath, which is
why I put it off so long, the transmission and original cable assembly were
working just fine.

I cannot get the transmission to shift properly even though I am sure that
pushing the neutral button is putting the neutral safety actuator dead in
the center of the opening for the switch, and I have followed the procedure
in the manual to the letter several times. The next thing I may try, as
suggested to me by Jeff Carter, is to drop the pan and visually check the
cable adjustment to make sure it is right, but I'm not quite ready to do
that.

The engine starts in only neutral, as it should, R works fine, N works fine,
D works sometimes and sometimes it goes to neutral. 1 will shift 1-2, and 2
will shift 1-2, no difference between the two selections.

When I examine the movement of the cable from under the dash while actuating
the buttons it appears as though the mechanism has a harder time moving the
cable than the original did

The replacement cable is much thicker than the original, although the
overall fit seemed to be fine. Has anyone else had this issue with a
replacement from Imperial services? I have a call into them but have not
yet heard back from their tech support dept. I would appreciate feedback
from anyone that has installed one of their replacement shift cables.

Thanks!

Bob J

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional