[Chrysler300] Larry Jettt's 300 meet

Forwarding to the list as reqquested.

From: alex greatwood
To: bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:44 AM
Subject: 300 meet

Hi Bob,

Could you post this on the webserver for me please as Larry's suggested.

I tried but failed!

Many thanks

Alex

From: Leftythe300guy@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:13:24 -0400
Subject: Re: 300 meet
To: c300@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; JettLarry@xxxxxxx

Alex.....good to hear from you.  The reason that I have not selected a date for the Spring 2011 meet yet is as follows:  The gent that has the most power at SCRAMP (Sports Car Racing At Monterey Peninsula) gets two full days at Laguna Seca for his own personal use.  He will select these the first part of January.  He has partnered and raced with Sterling Moss at Goodwood, owns perhaps the winner of the greatest number of races ever, a 30's 8 cylinder Alfa, a short wheelbase Ferrari Berlinetta, D Jag and several more.  What could be better than to see and maybe hear these cars in practice?  Should I set things up right now, we may have to just get a few laps in during normal busy days when we are but a nuisance to the track and could be withdrawn the day of the event?  He is well aware that I would prefer middle May for him to use one of his days at that time.  Added you to the list of anxious folks planning vacations from Sweden, wanting to schedule trans-continental train trips and plan vacation times in advance.  What with this being the first ever dual meet, and the distance most have to travel to be here, I am nervous about this delay but believe the best good comes from waiting until January.  I am not nervous about scheduling the host hotel that late as the tourist business is down and we will be loved for our numbers.
Should you be comfortable bouncing this request from you to me and my answer back with the Club at Large, would you post it to the listserver?  I am leaving for a 2 week camping vacation in a few hours and will not have internet access for these days so can not answer or respond to anyone until 7/23. Hope this helps explain the lack of information re: date of event satisfactorily  300ly, Larry and Sandy Jett