  From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of lettercars@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2010 5:15 AM
  To: kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx; gwmicrocap@xxxxxxx
  Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Radiator core fins on 300D

  Keith and All:
  I think I can shed some light on the "straight fin" vs "squiggly fin"
  radiators.
  According to the Engineering Data Books, published by Chrysler, (6/57 and
  6/58) there were four radiator vendors in 1957 and 1958: Blackstone,
  Fedders, Modine, and Long. Only the first three were ever used on the New
Yorker
  and 300s. Blackstone and Modine utilized the "Fin and Tube" design and
  Fedders used the Cellular Tubular (CT) design. (The "squiggly" type)

  For 1957: Non-A/C cars used ether Blackstone (2.5" thick, 9.5 fins/inch);
  or Fedders (2.25" thick, 12 fins/in.)
  A/C cars used only Fedders (CT type) @ 2.5" thick, 12
  fins/in.)

  For 1958: Non-A/C cars could use the Blackstone, (now 2" thick, 11.5
  fins/in) or Fedders (2" thick,12 fins/in)
  or the Modine (2" thick, 11.5 fins/in.)
  A/C cars used only Blackstone, (2.5 in. thick and 11
  fins/in.)

  IN SUMMARY (Finally!): 1957 and 1958 NON A/C could be EITHER tube and fin
  or CT
  1957 A/C would be ONLY CT
  1958 A/C would be ONLY Tube and Fin

  I can only hope the above is remotely understandable when in List Server
  form.

  300ly, Gil Cunningham
  Tallahassee, FL

  In a message dated 4/26/2010 10:18:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,