  From: lettercars@xxxxxxx
  To: mplindahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2010 8:49 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Convertible Top Seal

  Ha! Good subject. I don't know about them when they were new, but mine
  have always leaked. (Just ask John Lazenby about driving the "H" down to
  NYC from the RI meet!) The header seals seem reasonably well designed,
  including having a backup seal and "weep holes" on either side for water which
  bypassed the primary seal to drain to the outside. I will not give up, but
  I don't have much to offer, either, except the ubiquitous strip of vinyl
  foam tape one sticks on top of the regular seal. This, of course, can make
  the top harder---or if too thick---impossible to latch. A "taller",
  "slimmer" cross section for the seal would have been a better design as it would
  allow more tolerance to clearance variations, while requiring less force to
  compress. Carol and I always have a couple large, absorbent towels in the
  car for those trips where the weather conditions are an unknown.
  While not holding my breath, I will anxiously await the response of the
  Club Member with the "answer".
  300ly, Gil C.
  Still cold (to me, anyway) in N. Fla.

  In a message dated 2/13/2010 10:57:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,