From: Keith Boonstra <kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Classic Car Appraisals
To: John <spiers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Chrysler 300 Club Intl <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Somebody's lying or, at best, delusional here. I went through 10 Google
pages, and on one site it says the actual pace car, as driven by Sam
Hanks, had a 413 in it. Further info all seems to point to there being
1864 "Commemorative" similar cars built which were fitted with 383s.
The photos I saw of Sam Hanks in the car show the normal (maybe 300)
wheel covers on a standard wheel with narrow white tires. It seems to
me the guy has one of these 1864 Plain Jane trim clones that he
convinced the appraisal outfit was one of just a couple of actual Pace cars.

Maybe he bought this sad case and dressed it up for eBay:
http://www.collectorcarliquidators.com/view.php?id=2044

It takes all kinds they say.

Keith Boonstra
Der Hollander

John wrote:

> I wanted to get other Club members' opinions about appraisals of
> classic vehicles, including our 300 Letter Cars.
>
> For example, there is a shiny but very ordinary and somewhat modified
> 1963 Chrysler 300 Pace Car convertible on eBay at the moment. Ordinary
> in that it has a 383, and no A/C. I say lightly modified, as it has
> dual-circuit brakes and a front disc brake conversion. Here's a link
> to the auction: http://tinyurl.com/63-300-sport
> <http://tinyurl.com/63-300-sport>
>
> The appraisal value for this car is listed at $352,000. I'm no
> professional appraiser, but that most certainly exceeds the value of
> that car by at least ten times over its actual value.
>
> Your thoughts/opinions?
>
> 300ly,
> John Spiers

<*> Your email settings: