Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Special. #8403110398

Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Special. #8403110398

With all these recollections of joy rides and speed records, I start to
wonder what all the various years of Letter Cars were supposed to do on
the top end right out of the showroom.  I'd love to do it again sometime
(this time with a GPS) if I get the chance, but twice in the history of
my '57C (1963 and 1983) I had it over 145 on the speedo.  I wonder how
real that was and what the other years of Letters were able to do by
comparison.  I believe I recall Tom McCahill getting one up that high in
1957 for Mechanix Illustrated, but then again he may have just been
believing some inaccurate hype.

Anybody know?

Keith Boonstra
Holland, Michigan

-

Dave Schwandt wrote:

> My recollections exactly from my visit to you, John, years ago while
> Wayne
> was still in CA. I enjoy telling folks about that ride to this day!!
> Plus I have the video you shot that day also!
>
> Dave Schwandt

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: