[Chrysler300] Barn Find (sorta) 1961 Chrysler 300G Convertible

[Chrysler300] Barn Find (sorta) 1961 Chrysler 300G Convertible

Barn find, sorta.

A new acquaintance has contacted me and advised he is losing storage for his
white 1961 Chrysler 300G convertible and wants to sell it.  I did a cursory
inspection of the car which is stored near my home in Brentwood, CA and
determined the car is complete with good to excellent bodywork completed and
assembled.  It is in close to running condition.

It has p/s, p/b, p/antenna, p/w, swivel/seats, radio, remote control LHS
mirror.  Gas tank has been cleaned, new water pump installed, new brakes,
rebuilt radiator.  Floors seem solid.  Car appears to have been sold in
Oakland, CA and spent its entire life in the bay area.  Trunk floor was
solid.  Car ran when parked.  It cranked but did not fire.  Top said to work
OK previously, but not now?Bows and header look OK, white vinyl top
complete, but needs replacing.  There is an apparent broken out piece in
driver?s side ram casting under the carb.  No obvious body damage.  Previous
body work included rust repair to rockers and other lower parts, then a
repaint white, thought to match factory white.  Underside dirty, but not
corroded.  It needs a new top, back window, seats recovered and rebuilt,
probable heater core and/or control valve, front fender inner liners, radio
hums but does not work, some external SS needs straightening & polishing,
taillight chrome lightly pitted/peppered but no cracks.  I did not see a
boot cover.  Underhood stuff looked dirty, but not corroded.  Rams need
repainting and probably some repairs.  Console looked fair to good.  Tach
works.  Has wheel covers.  Doors close solidly.  Has CA black plate and
dealer license plate surround.  One big crack in clear portion of steering
wheel and clear is discolored but presentable.  Pit in passengers side of
front windshield and wiper blade scratches present.  Dash pad is good. No
a/c.  Heater valve and core disconnected.  I took some cell phone pictures
of the car but have not viewed them yet.  ODO=27,924?pretty obviously at
least 127,924.  Tires are all up but of questionable quality.  No evidence
of fluid leakage to floor after long storage.  Car has not been abused?just
used and hung up dirty and ignored.  VIN 8413201477.  Clear title claimed.
Please contact the owner directly to discuss the car and a possible
transaction.  He is having computer/internet/email problems currently, so
best to call him.  I have no skin in this game and am hardly acquainted with
G?s but feel this car is in pretty good shape and is eminently restorable.
Owner:  Mr. Phil Finger
       Berkeley, CA
       510-526-0284
       knitter5858@xxxxxxxxxxxxx