Re: [Chrysler300] 1955 C300 With New Yorker Trim

Re: [Chrysler300] 1955 C300 With New Yorker Trim

My 300 has the side spear running all the way forward from the side
emblem to the middle of the door.  The side chrome looks for all the
world like factory, the elements fit together perfectly.  The holes
in the door look perfectly round, as in punched rather than
drilled.  Haven't found any other car with this length of spear that
might have been transplanted, the NYs run the full length of the
door, DeSotos have a dual spear.

I am thinking of leaving it this way, it is attractive, and I think I
won't have that factory look if I try to modify the trim to shorten it.

Bill Huff

At 10/30/200912:46 PM, pennsy300@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I've also seen one of these beasts. Back in 1968, I found one in the
>back of a Chrysler dealership in Bucks Co. Penn. I took a couple of slides
>of it, because it was so unusual. It was on a Sunday drive that I spotted
>it, so the dealership was closed, hence I was unable to ask any questions.
>A couple of weeks later I returned, but the car was gone. Terry McTaggart

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)