[Chrysler300] 1962 300 Overheating Question

[Chrysler300] 1962 300 Overheating Question

Will get to my actual question, but here's what you should know first:
	1. Engine & Brand new 4 Core Radiator have 45,000 miles on them. (Car is driven on average 1 day a week, for 40 miles)
	2. About 80 miles ago I did a full flush of the radiator, with some flush additive bought at Napa, as the coolant was visually not as green as it was 45,000 miles ago.
	3. Refilled the flushed radiator with 1 gallon of coolant and the remaning with water
Now...it has done it to me twice...the temperature guage will peg to the far right (HOT!).
I shut the car off and turned it back on and the needle came back down to normal.
OR
I turned on the heater and the needle came back down to normal.

In any event when the needle returns to normal land, i can then drive it and all is well.
I do not believe I have a cracked head (or gasket)

What is my issue?
Maybe the thermostat has some gunk build up from the flush that is a clog?

Thanks!

Matt Allyn

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional