RE: [Chrysler300] Need a set of Short Ram Heat Tubes

RE: [Chrysler300] Need a set of Short Ram Heat Tubes

To Larry Jett, Bob Jasinski and the 300 Club membership:

The Short Ram Heat Tubes are completely different from the 60/61 Long Ram
Cast Iron Elbows.  They came on the 63/64 CrossRam Chrysler 300 J and 300 K
Ram cars.  There are four Heat Pipes that are made out of bent steel tubing
with welded-on flanges on each end of the tubing.  They almost look like
part of a small diameter header tube.

There happens to be a complete set of Short Rams on E-Pay right now.  They
are item #190327463098 (1963 Chrysler 300 J 1964 300 K SHORT RAM CROSSRAM
SETUP) listed by fellow 300 club member Mike Laiserin.  If you will look at
the third photo from the top, all I need are the four Heat Pipes shown at
the bottom of this photo.

Now Mike has this complete setup including both carbs, both air cleaners,
both intake manifolds, both of those gorgeous exhaust manifolds, the
crossover pipe, the 4 Heat Pipes, the block off plates, the bottom supports,
and even the very elusive Dual Manual Choke Cable listed at a very fair
price, considering how rare this setup is.  But I already have 90% of this
stuff.  All I need to complete my setup is a nice set of those 4 Heat Pipes.

I have already been contacted by one of the Club members who is out of town
for awhile (perhaps as long as a couple of weeks).  He said that he "thinks
he might" have a set of these Heat Pipes stashed away somewhere.  They were
repro'd by another club member a couple of years ago, but were all sold.

Now I "might" have a line on this set, or he might have misplaced them so I
would appreciate it if you all think about where you might have stashed a
set of these that you might be willing to part with.  I could really use
them for my car.

Thanks for all of your replies so far.

Big John Mc Adams

(In Fiery SoCal)