Re: [Chrysler300] On The Road Again, day 4

Re: [Chrysler300] On The Road Again, day 4

Paul:
There were 131 members registered for this Meet.

The route selected for the "parade" to the park was a deliberate one so
that we could keep the line of "march" as intact as humanly possible. I think
it  worked out pretty well, don't you?

Glad you made it and hope you enjoyed it.
See ya,
Tom
300s4ever

In a message dated 5/17/2009 6:50:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Ah Saturday, what Can I say. Yes it did look right nasty out and  some of
the ground was showing signs of excess moisture. But by the graces of
fortune, the Sun fairy smiled this day and we only had to suffer the  discomforts
of hi humidity all day. (maybe the Swedes brought a good luck  troll or 2
with them)

It was rather a bit early (09:30) when cars and  drivers began to assemble
for a tour of the back way into the local community  part that served as the
Show and Shine location. I think they were only 10  minutes late getting
underway. We gave a fair number of folks quite a site as  20+ Letter cars and
a horde of newer Chrysler products cruised up and down the  indirect path we
took. Only once I was fully awake did I then realize that  going that way,
even tho it was longer and a lot less direct, actually managed  to keep the
procession fairly intact. IF that was by intent, then that was a  master
stroke of planning.

This bleary eyed correspondant was able to  determine that we Still had all
11 years of cars in attendance, but I also  think that the game stayed the
same but the players changed. A few cars that I  recalled seeing at the
hotel didn't make it to the Saturday event. There were  at least 21 letter cars
there including 2 Hursts. There were also a marked  number of notable newer
Mopars present, each able to easily keep up with the  procession. I think
the Heritage edition 300's were nice looking  cars.

We all managed to get back to the hotel in time to socialize and  enjoy a
very nice dinner at the evening closing function. I'm fairly certian  that we
had a little over 100 club members here. An added attraction to the
festivities was the presence of a local school prom that brought out over 350
young folks to the hotel at the same time.

I shall now sign off and  plan out the next part of our little trip, for I
am but a passenger in life as  we tarry a bit so far from home. I hope all
and their cars make it home  safely.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy