From: smopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <smopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fw: [Chrysler300] Tire size
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike C." <commcar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 8:38 PM

Today's 225 X 14 radial tires look too small on my 1965 300L compared to a period correct bias ply tire of 8.55 X 14. I had a set of 235 X 14 radial tires in storage for some time and those look pretty good on the car. But I have no idea where to get such tires today, and certainly the only possibility would likely be the companies reproducing some of the older bias ply designs. Just my opinion.
Steve Albu
---- "Mike C." <commcar@yahoo. com> wrote:
> Hi Jimmy,
> I don't think that you'd have rub problems with the 225's, if you can find them.  The 225 is the modern replacement for the 8.55-14 that came from the factory on my 300L so I don't see why they'd offer any fit issues on your '66.  My recent research is that the 225's have been out of production for many years now and the only one current is a wide whitewall from Coker.  I'm running 215's on the L and have found recently now that I need some, that they're getting almost impossible to find too.  Only Firestone, Hankook and Cooper seem to even list them, everyone else has apparently discontinued them.  They run in the $50-70 range in CT.
> Good Luck!
> Mike

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional