[Chrysler300] Re: '59 distributor again

Hey Lindsey, the distributor in my 59 is black, just unscrewed the
vacuum advance and its black under there as well.  Maybe throughout
time, climates, chemicles yours had faded and the blue/purple pigments
in the black paint are all that remain?
Jim
300E
--- In Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lindsey Fuller <yesdnil@...> wrote:

> Got out to the car today. Distributor part # IBS-4010 & number
1842811
> matches the book we have. We took off everything except the chrysler
> plate & it is all purple underneath. Seems unusual that someone would
go
> to all the trouble of removing everything, including the chrysler
plate,
> to paint it the wrong colour. Perhaps this falls into the category of
> Chrysler did a lot of different things over the course of production?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)