Re: [Chrysler300] Rebuilting 1962 300 automatic

A while back there were some emails on the 727 torqueflite transmission and rebuilding them.  When I was actively collecting 65 and 66 Chryslers I probably bought 10 to a dozen of them from local Chrysler dealers because they had bad transmissions.  All we did to every one of them is drop the pan and change the screen pack and they all worked.  Approximate cost then was $35.00 each and none failed after that.  Think of all the dealers, rebuilders, etc. that did this and gave a short warranty and charged for a rebuild.  Just a thought to pass on to all that may have the same problem.  I sure think that it is worth a try.  Sincerely,  Don Rook in Mena, Arkansas
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: JERRY LINDSAY
  To: Chrysler 300 Club,Intl
  Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 12:01 PM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] Rebuilting 1962 300 automatic

  I'm here in Seminole, Florida and instead of rebuilting my transmission in my "H" three years ago I opt'd to wait and it has gone from $5-600.00 to $ 850.00 with a converter. Is this a reasonable price as I have three 727's needing to be rebuilt.

  Jerry Lindsay
  Seminole, Fl

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional