Re: [Chrysler300] 1964 Silver Series Edition

Re: [Chrysler300] 1964 Silver Series Edition

Chryslers twenty fifth anniversary was in 1949 but 1964 was the 40th
anniversary of course.

We have had a silver edition sport series 300 for many years.  We bought it
the day we went to buy the NOS 61 G that was at Linder Motors in Holdrege
Nebraska.  We couldn't get together on price on the G and sitting two cars
away in the showroom we saw the silver 300 and could easily get together on
the price for it.   The dealer had originally sold it in 65 and took it back
in trade in 75 or so and had it there till 85 when we bought it.

We picked up a 46,000 mile one family 64 salon a few years ago.  We drove it
to the 2004 WPC national meet in Omaha and had some display sheets in the
windows about the fact that this was the 40th anniversary of the 40th
anniversary Chrysler.  I thought that was neat timing.

I don't really remember that there is any literature  about the anniversary
but after snooping in my literature I did find one that says ---it started
in 24 but never talks about it being the 40th anniversary.  Fairly rare
folder to see i believe.

Terry Hoeman

64 K convert
64 silver edition sport 300
64 NY salon
64 Imperial

and for the list of departed 64's
64 K silver edition
64 sport 300 convert with all K drive train and loaded with all accessories

---and strangely the only ones without tilt steering, which was introduced
in 64, are the imperial and the salon which came standard with almost all
options  (but the Tilt wheel  didn't exist in 63 when they first created the
salon so it got left off I guess)

For what it's worth we have three silver anniversary cars also including our
NOS T&C which we bought from the same dealership in 83.  It finally got
titled for the first time ever a few years ago.

TH