[Chrysler300] nice cache of 300's

-----Original Message-----
From: Old Cars Weekly <OldCars-newsletter@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: jpmodl@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 3:27 pm
Subject: A Tucker convertible? Do you believe it?

If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view.

Email
Newsletter

subscribe  |  search classified ads  |  place a classified ad  |  forward to a friend

In This Issue:

Controversial Tucker convertible will finally take a bow

Winter 'salvage yarding' in French Lake, Minn.

The LAST corvair? Maybe …

Check out the great deals in OCW Classifieds

Found: Iowa "Letter Car" stash

Send us your salvage yard find photos

The 'beat goes on' in Fort Lauderdale

Controversial Tucker convertible will finally take a bow

If you want to start a fight, just log onto any Web site where Tucker automobile buffs hang out — www.tuckerclub.org is a good place to start — and start asking around  about the existence of a Tucker convertible. Then put on your helmet and protective cup and wait for the sparks to fly.

Whether or not an unfinished, legitimate Tucker convertible — one that was designed and at least partially assembled at the company factory — actually exists has been a hot-button topic for years among Tucker club members and fans of the famous, star-crossed marquee. Chat room debates have raged, tempers have flared and rocks have been thrown.=0
One fact that is clearly not debatable is that Benchmark Classics, a collector car dealership and restoration shop in Madison, Wis., currently has the Tucker that has sparked so many arguments, and the company plans to finish the car off and unveil it to the world in May.

  CLICK HERE to read more of this EXCLUSIVE story!

Winter 'salvage yarding' in French Lake, Minn.

 I don't let the cold stop me from visiting my favorite salvage yards, even if they're located in the upper Midwest. Recently, I hauled my brother and dad to French Lake Auto Parts (FLAP) in French Lake, Minn., to pick up some parts for mid-1950s Caddys and 1980s full-size Chevys. While I was there, I was shocked to see a giant, new cache of finned Mopars on hand!

CLICK HERE to read more about Angelo's yard safari.

The LAST Corvair? Maybe ...

In 1969, Chevrolet pulled the plug on the Corvair. That last day of production was fairly well chronicled, as the last of the 6,000 cars was to be finished and scheduled to come off the line. The last two units were given excellent coverage by the media, who had rushed to Willow Run when GM had made the announcement ... and herein lies the controversy.

CLICK HERE to find out if it is, or if it isn't the last

Check out the great deals in the OCW Classifieds!

Old Cars Weekly Online Classifieds: Cars, Trucks, Parts, Trailers, Tanks and more for sale now. Don't let the early date fo
ol you, NOW is a great time to shop for a collector car! It's a buyer's market!

Our Online Classified ads are rapidly growing, so CLICK HERE to see what has been added today. Don't forget, you can CLICK HERE to list your item for sale.

And, while you are at it, be sure to check out the great deals being offered on our DEALER PAGES.

Found: Iowa "Letter Car" stash

 Two "Letter Car" collectors from Wisconsin had decided that, because of the quickly escalating values of finned MoPars, they would not add any 1950s or '60s Chryslers to their already sizable collection. The decision was made despite the fact they still didn't own the current king of "Letter Cars" — a 1960 300-F convertible. That plan was quickly reversed when a fellow finned MoPar fan contacted them in 2008.

CLICK HERE to see what they found hidden away in Iowa.

Salvage Yard Find Photos
 Everybody loves finding "forgotten treasure" buried among the rusting heaps in auto salvage yards. Old Cars Weekly readers are posting photos of their favorite salvage yard finds in the Old Cars Weekly Community.

CLICK HERE to check out the photos and post your own.

Sonny & Cher Mustangs headed for auction block

 Looking for a Hot Pink and Candy Red Mustang with upholstery trimmed in ermine fur? How about something in Murano Gold Pearl with bobcat fur? Sonny & Cher's funky, customized his-and-hers wheels, and a wacked-out Volkswag
en from the Saturday morning TV show "The Banana Splits" are the star cars to be auctioned at the February RM Auction in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.   - Photo from RM Auctions

CLICK HERE to read more details about this auction and others

About your subscription
You have received this email because you expressed interest in receiving updates about www.oldcarsweekly.com, Old Cars Weekly magazine and related products by email. Thanks for your subscription!

You are currently subscribed to this list as jpmodl@xxxxxxxx
If you no longer wish to receive any mailings, use this link.

If you would like to change your preferences, click here.
Click here to contact Old Cars Weekly.

Please only reply to this message if you are having technical difficulties with the Old Cars Weekly email newsletter.

Copyright © 2009 Krause Publications, a division of F+W Media, Inc.
700 East State Street, Iola, WI 54990

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: